TIPS TO BATTLE CHECK FRAUD
- Please do not be offended if we ask you for identification.
- Do not provide your account number to anyone unless it’s a call or transaction that you have initiated. If callers pressure you to give out your banking information, hang up the phone.
- Reveal checking account information only to vendors/companies you know to be reputable.
- Guard your checkbook – Call (800) 463-7782 immediately to report lost or stolen checks.
- No bank – or someone calling on behalf of the bank -- will ever call to ask your account number or Social Security number.
- Read your monthly checking and credit card statements to review for fraudulent usage.
- Properly dispose of canceled checks and safeguard new checks.
- Report any inquiries or suspicious behavior to your banker, who will take measures to protect your account.
- Review your account online frequently to ensure all transactions are authorized.
- If you are a business, consider Positive Pay available through Cash Management Services. Positive Pay matches the dollar amount of each check, the check number and the account number that is presented for payment against checks that have been previously authorized and issued by the business. If these three components do not match up, the check is not paid.
For more information about Positive Pay - please contact a Personal Banker today at 800-463-7782.